2.21.2013

Layered Shadow Box


Hello there.  Today I'd like to show you a little shadow box frame project I created to highlight a photo I just love of my husband and I. We danced together at our daughter's wedding 2 years ago. Somehow, I missed this photo before. I love the look on my husband's face as I whispered in his ear. I can't recall now what I may have told him, but I do know that I had to do something special with it. 

I really feel like the image expresses how we feel about each other, even after 21 years together.
The look I wanted to create was reminiscent of a graduated hall.  I saw this photo that inspired me to try to accomplish the layered look I ended up with.  In order to acheive it, I had to cut larger and larger windows in full sheets of paper.  I then backed each sheet with long strips of dimensional foam tape to lift each layer from the next.

While relatively simple, it did take a bit of time to get all of the sizes correct but I love the finished result.

Shadow-Box-full

I added some wood veneer pieces to incorporate different textures.  I also did one round of the layers using a shiny 'subway' patterned tape I have to create added texture. Silhouette helped me create a beautiful and classic title.

Shadow-Box-detail-1

Shadow-Box-detail-2
Lily Bee Supplies used ( This & That : Patterned Paper, Buttercup: Patterned Paper, Victoria Park: Patterned Paper, Christmas Cheer: Patterned Paper, Autumn Spice: ABC Cardstock Stickers)

The end result produces a page that could never be used in an album as it's quite thick (at least 1/2 inch, but it is perfect for a shadow box.

9 comments:

  1. Stunning photo!!! Your layout is fabulous! Perfect to go with the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved shadow boxes. Your's is absolutely gorgeous and the photo is oh so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeee all the hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this!! <3 However, you had only been married a mere 19 years at the time of this photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo, your frame is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Funny, I didn't notice the different colored/sized frames until you mentioned them which is a good thing because that means they all flow together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful! I just love all the layers!! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Ursula! I would have never guessed it was so thick, but that's because it's so seamless!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...