9.10.2008

Who am I?


I wanted to start this blogging adventure by saying hello. I'm new to this, in so far as I've never done one of these on my own before. I thought perhaps any readers who might pop in would appreciate knowing why I named my blog Under Scarlet Bird's Wing".

There are a few reasons. First, I am in love with the color red, and more specifically, a particular moniker for that famed color, Scarlet! In fact, here are a few of the things I own that bear this wonderful color. (note, these are just a few, I didn't want you to be bored with ALL of them)

Red lipstick from MAC is a must have. I think I have 5 or 6 different MAC shades. Oooooh, and a lovely red eyeshadow too!

Here is the red portion of my antique books. Love this!

Secondly, I am a child of the King and He says that He will keep me protected underneath His wing. I like that image. The picture of a mother hen caring for her chicks, cuddling them and keeping them from danger.

Third, I am a major fan of the beautiful bird known as the Cardinal, or Red Bird. Since Red can be known as Scarlet, I've taken a bit of license. If I were a Lilliputian, I'd hang out underneath my very own Scarlet Bird's wing.

Finally, I believe that anyone ought to be able to see beauty and inspiration from such a wonderful place as peeking out from beneath this amazing feathered friends lovely wings. Don't you?


And since Red is a favorite, the very first scrapbooking collection I designed for Scrap Girls was RedWork Quilt, which you can see here: Redwork Quilt Collection Biggie
Here's one of the layouts I created with that kit.
I hope to share pieces of my life that are real, accessible, hopefully inspired and just plain fun. Let me know what you think so far!



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. The more you blog, the more people will find you. Also, engaging in other people's blogs by commenting let's others know about you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Its so much fun. As for RED Oh gosh i love it too! BUT unfortunately for me its my dh most disliked color. He teases me at how i somehow sneak it into our decor. lol.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your introduction Ursula! Love red, wonderful, used to wear red some time ago, should switch to it again! Your blog is inspiring in many ways! Welcome to the blogging world .... LOVE your banner!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...