8.26.2011

Italian Sausage Alfredo Bake

Are you looking for an easy but delicious meal to serve your family or company?  This hearty casserole will certainly do the trick and it's easy peasy.

I've been trying to empty my freezer in preparation for defrosting it (ugh! Hate that job!)  So what is remaining has dwindled.  Not to fear though, I came up with something a little different.  I have to say that this may be one of my most favorite creations yet.  I hope you'll give it a go!




Italian Sausage Alfredo Bake

1lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage links (removed from casings)
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
2 cans sliced mushroom
1 ½ cups sliced pimento stuffed green olives
3 12 oz cans evaporated milk
1 container Demi-glace gold (I get it on Amazon, you could substitude 2 tsps beef boullion dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water)
4 cloves minced garlic
1 cup real butter
12 oz grated parmesan cheese 
3 cups shredded mozzerella
salt and pepper
1 lb gemelli pasta (cooked and drained)
¾ cup progress bread crumbs

Brown ground beef and sausage in large skillet.  Drain.  Set aside. 

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté minced garlic for 1 minute over medium high.  Lower heat to medium medium high.  Slowly add 1 can of evaporated milk at a time, bringing to light simmer and whisking all the while. Wait till it comes to a simmer to add the next can, repeat till all three are added.  Add in demi glace and wisk until thoroughly smooth and creamy.  Add parmesan and wisk until combined.  Add mozzerella and wisk till melted.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add canned Tomatoes, mushrooms and sliced olives, heat through.

Mix pasta, browned meat and sauce together.  Place in extra large casserole 12x16.  Top with mozzerella then bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

13 comments:

  1. What setting do you use on your camera to get such great food shots???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I know what is on the menu this week! Also, the new white plates are a nice touch! ;) I didn't mention it on your last blog, but I think you are wildly talented and would make a great addition to any design team. Your blog is really on fire these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so yummy! Do you come up with these recipes all on your own? I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm yum yum! I adore italian food! and Italy...and italians ;)
    Ha, im going to do my freezer too this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, that looks delicious!! I may have to give this one a go sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely saving this! I'm trying to make casseroles on the weekends for the hubby to take with him for the week while he's away. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds tasty! gotta use real butter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I did make this recipe up all by myself. I did that with the Green Chili Shredded Beef also. I tend to do it alot as I'm not too good at following recipes. LOL

    As far as settings, it's funny you should ask. I'm not all that happy with the photos as I'm taking them after dark and the light in my kitchen is just meh. However, I typically have the F-stop at about 5 and am in the Aperture Priority mode. I keep the ISO at about 640 for nightime shots and I adjust the color and lighting in Photoshop after the fact. Sometimes I'll take a WB reading and do it in camera but it usually still requires adjustment as I have both florescent and incandescent lighting in that room and it just confuses the poor camera. I am shooting with the Canon 5DMII which reacts very differently to low light than other models though so that may or may not work for you Jen. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds really good! gonna try it and i'll have to let you know how it turns out! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...