8.26.2011

My little Engineer


My son Jacob is now 8 years old.  It's so hard to imagine how that happened.  He's a twin but he is definitely his own man!  Jacob came to our home when he was 1 month old. He and his brother were born to a mama who'd had the unfortunate experience of losing her children to the system.  It was for good reasons, but as we all know, it's never a good thing.

At the time he came, his older brother Hunter and sister Madison had been living with us for a month.  They arrived in the Schneider household on the day Jacob and Cody were born.  We're convinced that was on purpose by the Lord above.  We raised Jakey and Cody as our own until they were two and a half years old. For much of that time, we believed we'd be able to adopt them.  However, after 2 1/2 years, the court award full custody to their father.

That's a very long story, but suffice it to say that it was uber painful for everyone involved.  I haven't really been able to make very many LO's of these little guys because I can hardly bear to look at those photos.  We are blessed in that we now get to visit with them once a month.  We're thankful for that, but it's still painful for this mama's heart.

So, for the first time in a while, here is a little peek into my sweet Jakey's life.  And as it turns out, this layout is also featured over at Craft Gossip.com. How fun is that.





This one is aimed at Basic Grey also.  I used almost entirely the 'Life of the Party' collection with the addition of some 'Wander' stitched brads and the background paper which is from 'Hello Luscious'.  Oh, and some Basics Micro Mono stickers colored with stamping ink and a few other older sets of Micro Mono Alpha stickers.  Love those things, they are my absolute favorite letter stickers.

11 comments:

  1. so darn cute!! you nailed it {so good}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I can't imagine how hard that must have been. It takes an amazing person to do foster care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine how difficult that situation was. So glad you could make such a happy layout, love the BG. Good luck with the DTcall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout! I love the design, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable layout! Hugs to you with your big heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! What a touching situation to have gone through, but these types of LO's warm the heart for sure! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great page and I loved !!
    This is my first time in here and I love your blog ...and everything in here is so nice so many things to inpired!!
    I wish a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaw, what a cute page!! :) Love this - your stitching is super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, super cute! I love those lines by Basic Grey! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...