12.08.2009

A little here, a little there

I've been telling myself since I started this thing that it would be good to do a little bit each day. Heaven knows that when I write stuff down, I feel better.

Today's most inspiring thought comes from Mr. Paul Washer. He asks, in his sermon called Are You a Slave, whose slave are you? He reminded me that we all serve someone and then asked the question, 'what is the thing that you think about most'?

I've been pondering on that for a while now. I know that there are periods of time when it's Christ, and then other times when it's food, or make-up, or photography, or art, or my circumstance, or whatever else has caught my attention for the moment.

However, I don't know if I could ever say that I always think about how my day can be consumed by my Master. I'm pretty sure that is not a fair description of me. Part of me would like to say that is true of me, but another part balks at the idea of being completely consumed by my God. I know that it would ultimately mean true freedom, and yet some part of me holds back, always a little holding back.

I'm not there yet am I? Nope, keep pressing in.

What's God saying to you today?


Interesting the difference a little light makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...