With the project I'm sharing today, that was the case. I picked up a Silhouette file called 'bingo card' but I had yet to come up with an idea for how to use it. Every time I browsed through my Silhouette library I admired this shape but passed it by since I didn't have a plan for it.
It was one of those files that I love the look of but I had no earthly idea how to fit it into a project. This is where challenging myself comes in.
I decided to enlarge the design to fill most of an 8.5 x 11 sheet and made some adjustments to the size of the windows to accommodate my photos. (see my blog tomorrow for a tutorial on how to do this!) The result is a layout that makes me happy and another product from my 'stash' used! Two birds with one stone!
Since the design of the cut-out is relatively complex, I didn't want to add a ton of embellishments but I did want to fill all of the windows with lots of Lily Bee goodness.
It was a simple matter of choosing patterns to tuck behind the openings and adding some punched shapes and homemade baubles and buttons from my collection. I added the journaling around the die-cut shape, both telling my story and creating a visual frame accented with tiny punched triangles.
I do like adding just part of a punched shape to create visual interest (see the partial heart frame and heart). I also decided to outline the shapes in fine black marker in order to emphasize the cut-outs.
Lily Bee Supplies used:
Handmade: Papers - Patchwork, Sky Blue / ABC Cardstock Stickers / 6x6 Tiny tablet
Buttercup: 6x6 Tiny Tablet / Bag of Bits / Index Journal Cards