9.09.2011

A few new things to consider

I haven't bought any books for quite a while, but I thought I'd share a few inspirational books that I just picked up.

You may have noticed that I've been showing off some fun recipes lately.  I feel like the photography has just been so so.  Often, that is because I'm photographing them under articficial light in my kitchen after dark.  All the same, I thought I could do with some tips on how to stage my food photos and guess what came under my radar! Plate to Pixel

Don't these photos look simply beautiful.  I am sure it will be a feast for the eyes and full of wonderful tips on how to make food look just as good as it tastes!

This book is by Helene Dujardin and it appears to be choc full of delicious looking photos and recipes for how to make your food photos look just as delectable.  I can't wait to try the techniques.

Next on the list is the gem below.  I found it via an online friends blog who is actually in it!  Keshet Starr.  Thanks Keshet for sharing the info with all of us inspiration hungry gals.  This one is called 

Scrapbook Workshop: The Best Techniques From Your Favorite Scrapbook Bloggers.  It has been a long time since any really great books have come out for scrapbookers so I am excited to get my hands on this one.

This one features artists such as May Flaum, Julie Fei-fan Balzer, Sasha Holloway,  Lisa Truesdell and so many more.  How can you go wrong?

If you have any fresh literary finds, I hope you'll share them with me!



This last one has been on shelf for a little while, but I just picked it up to 'actually' read it.  Yes, I sometimes just page through and then really read a book later on down the road.  

It's called Expressive Photography and what impressed me most about it was that it really speaks to the idea of considering why you are trying to take a particular image and allowing that knowledge to guide how you compose the shot.  Very useful if you are a 'mood' photographer, or want to be.  

As always, thanks for stopping by and feel free to 'follow' me by clicking the handy dandy button on the side bar!

15 comments:

  1. love all these show and tells...photo book and filters for photos!! very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Helene Dujardin over on Pioneer Woman a little while ago doing macarons? That book must be amazing to flip through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to get my hands on these books! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh cool - thanks for this. I want that scrapbook book now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Want to get my hands on that scrapbook one now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links/sharing! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure I gained a couple of pounds just from looking at those photos from the first book! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scrapbook bloggers looks awesome!! I will definitely be checking that one out. :)
    And now I am hungry again...lol Thanks to those yummy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check those out! Thanks for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went and looked on Amazon~really interested in the SBing book!! Thanks for sharing info with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun links - thanks for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool books! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ursula, these are some great finds! I'm going to add them to my google reader to check out. Thanks! Davinie (it will NOT let me sign in. GRRRRRRRRRRR).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will share this post with my daughter. She is a photographer. Me I am a point and shoot type of girl.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...