7.04.2010

Turning to Freedom

How many of us have been locked up our whole lives, in one way or another?  I'd guess pretty close to all of us.  The number of things to which we become captive is huge.  For some of us, it's money, power and prestige.  For others, its drugs, alchohol or tobacca.  For others, it's been food or exercise, or both.  Yet for others, it's the captivity of the American Way, aka greed.  The list could go on and on, but at it's core is the fact that from one lie or another, many of us are in deep bondage.

I am such a person.  The number of ways in which I've been in bondage over the years is really quite high.  Most recently, food has been a big issue for me.  It's rooted in satisfying my selfish desires and running from some painful truths.  It's not that food per se has a hold on me, but the lies I believe about it and about life certainly have.

I am coming face to face with all that this means in my life.  God is using a wide variety of avenues to rid me of myself so that I will belong to him (to quote a favorite Hillsong tune).  I am finding freedom.  I am learning meaning.  I am coming to understand that I really do have to choose freedom every day.  It has little to do with physical freedom and so much more to do with having and living in truth.

By the way, since June 8th, I've lost 10 lbs, which means I've met the goal I set for myself.  I wasn't certain I could do it, but I did.  Thank you and praise to the Only One Who makes it possible.  Glory to Jesus for His Spirit living in me and speaking truth to my heart when my head lies to me about a need for food and drink.

Happy 4th of July.  May you be truly free today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...