1.19.2010

A Bipolar Day

I haven't ever been diagnosed bipolar and I'm pretty sure that I'm not really bipolar.  But there are some days when I really feel like I must be.  I think they come about twice a month in groups of two or three days at a time.  I think it's called PMS, but I'm not sure why it also seems to strike in the middle of the month too.

Today is one of those days.  Yesterday was one of those days too.  I don't want to have those days at all.  I just 'feel' icky.  Tired, crabby and without any motivation at all to do anything of any sort.  Literally!!! On those days, what I'd like to do with myself from the beginning to the end is crawl into bed and dream a little dream.  Perhaps curl up with a good book and turn off my ears for a bit. 

Do you have these days?  Do you have them every month?  What do you do to get out of your funk?  If you have suggestions, I'm itching to hear them because I am plum sick of being so unpleasant to be around.  I'm so unpleasant that I don't even want to be around me.

On a positive note, I have been working on daughter number 1's senior Portraits.  They are turning out quite lovely.  Here's the link if you want to see the Lovely Miss Kaitlin.  I'll add a few below as well for your perusal.






(handsome fellow in the back is her good friend Jonathan)







I like these!!!  And thanks Tom for some of the tips you offered.  I've put them to use already!  Have I mentioned that I love taking Senior Portraits.  It is definately my favorite subject matter.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha
    I used to become a different person 4 days out of the month too
    They follow hormone surges, so it makes sense that you get them in the middle of the month too (ovulation and menstruation).

    I've found that the fewer processed foods I have in my diet, the less severe (if at all ) my swings are.
    Honestly, once I started transitioning to a gluen free diet...my symptoms all but went away leaving me just with a headache one day a month (which I gladly tolerate!)

    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Thanks for sharing Babs!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...