3.02.2016

Catching My Breath


Lately, I feel a little like I'm running a marathon.  There has been a lot going on and I'm struggling to keep all the proverbial plates spinning.  

Truth, several plates have crashed into smithereens and now I have to get new plates and clean up the mess..........and set those plates spinning again!

Wait a minute!  Is that really true?  Do I have to do this? Do I really need to be part of the local circus, performing death defying acts to the applause of the mildly entertained crowd?

Sometimes, it is hard to know what I must do and what I can set aside until later. Much of American society lives according to the 'Tyranny of the Urgent'.  I'm not immune.

So what is the reality? How do I live in peace?  What does it look like to accomplish what is actually necessary and leave what is not?  And once I've gotten behind a bit, that task becomes far greater.

I'm going to go and ask the Master.

Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
John 14:26-27 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 

Let go of focusing on the things of this world. Worry is emotional atheism. It is acting as if God does not exist. - Harold Vaughan

"And whatsoever is not of faith is sin,” and SIN MUST BE CONFESSED! If we confess our distrust of God, unbelief, fear, emotional atheism, anxiety, worldly outlook, self-focus, self-absorption, then “God is faithful and just to forgive us. . . .” If you want to get right, you must get your sin out of sight! Jesus bore your “griefs and carried your sorrows.” Life is too short to worry yourself sick! Confessing (admitting) your worry as sin, puts you on the path to worry-free living. -- Harold Vaughan

I borrowed some ideas from the internet this go-round but I think you'll get the picture that if our trust isn't fully in Christ, even when the world around us appears to be spinning into a million pieces, we'll end up in a puddle of worry and anxiety.  

I think our Lord actually allows things around us to get out of control just so that we'll learn how to trust Him through it.  If yours fit's that description, look to Him and learn peace.

2 comments:

  1. It's fascinating how much I used to *think* I had to do in a day. But so much of that was simply fluff! Nowadays, what is important gets done when it needs to be done. I am so much more relaxed and at peace because I am letting the Lord take care of the big stuff, not worrying at all like I used to. Thanks so much for sharing your faith journey! Blessings to you and yours this fine day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience Deb! We all share so very much don't we!

      Delete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...