2.10.2016

Friendship

My husband has, at times, had to be away from home for business.  There is always a part of me that dreads the separation.  I suppose that is partly due to being a creature of habit, but I think it is much more than that.  I think the primary reason is the interruption in our relationship.

My husband is my friend.  He's the one who listens to me the most often, who shares himself with me the most often, who cries with me the most often.

I sat here with my dog recently, as my only companion and thought what it would be like to be without the man who's shared my life for the last 24 years, and I realized how blessed I am to have a good man at my side.  I thought of friends I've known over the years who's only daily companions have been pets, books and very quiet walls.

(This is my grandson Liam and our dog Bean, they are working on their friendship.)

We are made for relationship. We need to share our hearts with another human being.  It's why sometimes we get desperate and will do almost anything to have someone there beside us.  I thought of the years I spent giving away pieces of my heart to friends and boyfriends simply because they were there and I wanted someone,.........anyone.  I thought of precious people I know who are doing that very thing now because of the pain of loneliness in their lives.

I'm blessed, as I said before, with a committed, kind and generous husband today, but that may not always be the case.  One day, I may face loneliness again.  Will I still be tempted to accept whatever companionship happens to be available out of desperation?

I believe the answer is NO, and here is the reason. Today, I know the very best friend I could ever have!  I know Jesus and it is He who will fill all the empty places.  I pray that those who know the depths of loneliness will find the One Friend who will never leave them or forsake them.  He is Jesus, the One and Only and He's always waiting to sit by the fire with you, share a cup of coffee and chat.

That may seem like so much cheesiness and maybe it is a bit, but it is also truth.  Today, if you hear his voice, listen and then share your heart.

And, if you know someone who is lonely, consider being a friend. And while you're at it, introduce them to the VERY BEST FRIEND, introduce them to Jesus!

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that! I miss my bff every second of every long, drawn out day but i do more than just get through because i do have a best friend that really knows me because He made me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ML - Jesus has become everything I need, but I will rejoice when I see my husband again in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Ursula my bride, and do not want to ever leave you! But I know it is true, that you would be OK because of Jesus our Lord, savior, brother, friend.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...