6.24.2013

Use What You've Got

What has been going on in your life lately?  Did you get to be there? Or is it a story told to you by family members who went on their own?  

I am a picture taking fiend.  I take photos with the pages I will later create in mind.  I take details and panoramas and individual and group shots.  If there are signs, I take shots of those too.  But in the case of the event I scrapped below, I had to make due with the images my non-picture taking hubby supplied me.

He and our son, along with some other guys from our church, went to a recent Promise Keepers event.  They had a great time and two pretty full days of events.  I believe I was given about 5 or 6 total photos, 2/3 of which were blurry.

So, I used what I had and made the page work to tell the story using journaling and the great products found in the June kits, First Avenue and Going Downtown.



In the end, I am really happy with the result.  The photos don't show the detail I would have captured, but evidently, this is what seemed important to the guys that were there and so that becomes what is important on my page.





One of the unique features of this page is that I wanted to use the ABC stickers included in the kit to spell the word 'NOT' in my title, but I wanted it to be Orange to match the fun Basic Grey Rubons.  Not to worry, I used my Versamark ink to ink the letter stickers and then embossed them using an Orange tinted embossing powder.


I framed on of the rub-ons with a mini chipboard polaroid frame which I inked the edges of to make it stand out. I also like the texture provided by the canvas trim included in the kit.

Have you got some examples of 'making it work' from your own scrapbooks?  Please share them on our Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. Very neat layout! I think it looks fabulous!

    www.theeverydayscrapbooker.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I love love love the colors, the mustache and the photos!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...