6.01.2012

Hello Wednesday

So how was everyone's Memorial Day weekend?  I know for me I couldn't seem to keep straight what day it was.   Long weekends always do that to me.

We kept things pretty low-key.  Jeremy finished a project on our camper for which he was practically giddy.  I worked on getting some stuff ready to ship.  (yes, this involved some frustration, but now it is all fixed. ;) ) Kaitlin came back home on Saturday from house sitting for some friends.

We invited some friends over and grilled Shrimp Kabobs on Memorial Day.  That ended up being quite a process.  For some silly reason, I decided to serve 4 different flavors of ship kabob.  This was a bad idea in hind sight, but no one seemed to mind.  In the end, I'm not even sure they tasted differently from one another.

At any rate, I never did get around to blogging yesterday or the day before so I thought I'd share two layouts today.

This first one is from my Elle's Studio Design Team Gallery.  It uses Elle's awesome May kits, Everyday Moments and Here & Now.  I loved working with the goodies in these kits!  Especially excited about that Jenni Bowlin paper.



I've been using my sewing machine lately just to add some texture.  Love how that works out.  And it saves on adhesive, LOL



I may be addicted to the Franklin Gothic font for use in my Silhouette now.



And I was so happy that I got the transparency by Hambly (so sad they are closing their doors) to punch with my Creative Memories Hexagon punch.



Now this layout is by the spectacular Kim Stewart!  She is on a seriously cool roll with those chevrons don't you think.   And I am still drooling over her fabulous ombre work.  She used all of the Moment's Collection goodies on this page.



I really like the frames she used and how she attached them only with staples.  It adds so much texture to the page to have them not be glued down.  And the way she left part of the chevron tags un-anchored to add depth to the page.  Yummy!


Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us today Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...