11.22.2011

Food.......again.....delicious Mashed Potatoes

I know, I shared a recipe yesterday.  But given that this is Thanksgiving week and many of you will be making mashed potatoes on Thursday I thought I'd share my recipe as I have gained a bit of fame for it's deliciousness.



The title, given to these particular spuds by my family is

Mom's Famous Mashed Potatoes

1 5lb bag russet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and quartered (make the pieces even sizes, may need more than quartering if they are big ones)
2.5 cups cheddar
1 cup sour cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 onion, diced and carmelized
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
2 sticks butter, melted and warm
1 cup warmed milk
salt and pepper to taste

In a large stock pot, place potatoes. Cover with water and bring to a boil.  Cook for about 15 mins at a good strong simmer or until potatoes are tender.

Drain and return to pot.  Mash potatoes and the butter well with a potato masher.  Once they are fully mashed, add cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar and milk with an electric hand-mixer. Finally, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.

These potatoes have no need of gravy.  You can add more or less of the various ingredients as per your taste.  They have a horrendous number of calories, but I can tell you that everyone will want to come to your house for dinner any time you make them. You will then be famous too!

Someone has asked if this is baked, it is not baked (although it does look like it is in the photo)

Bon Appetit.  Oh, and so I'm honest, that picture is not of my actual potatoes as I don't have one handy.  But it looks about right.  Hope you'll forgive me that one.  If you wish to know, it came from this fine cook.   Her recipe looks pretty close actually.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

  1. that sounds and looks wonderful...and what isn't better with bacon??? LOVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that looks gorgeous....feeling hungry have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmm! I can't wait to try this recipe. I can eat the whole thing! Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious Urusula! I make mine with cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing, but I just may have to try your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! These look so yummy, And sound so good. I'm going to have to give these a try. Thank you for the recipe.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds way better than any mashed potatoes I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg.. cheesy potatoes.. this looks so so good. thks for sharing this gf, happy Thanksgiving to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ursula, are we supposed to bake this after mixing everything together? This looks DELISH! I'm adding these ingredients to my grocery list right now! ;) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, does this look delicious! I must show DH this recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forget the rest of dinner. I just want to eat THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Those are some serious mashed potatoes! Gonna try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delish! Pinned it! Going to make it on Christmas Eve for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...