I know you'll understand when I say that it seems like we've been going constantly. Our most recent busyness came from having lots of visitors for a couple of weeks.
I truly love having guests in my home. It's only recently that I can put them up in something a bit more like comfort since a couple of my older girls have flown the coop. I miss those girls but being able to invite friends and family in to stay a while is one nice bonus.
Our missionary friends, the Coult's came from Mexico to stay with us for 6 days at the end of September and what a joy it was to have them. They are amazing people who've given up everything to serve in a community where the needs are at the most basic level. They don't get to experience a whole lot of typical American life and so when they come up, I love to spoil them.
This time, I got to play with young Evie in front of my camera and I thought you might like to see some of the results we ended up with.
Isn't she just beautiful!? I can't even tell you how much fun it was to shoot with her as my model. She's a natural! Everything was edited in Photoshop CS3 using Radlab and Florabella Actions.
A few photography tips from this shoot in particular:
- Choose clothing carefully to suit your subject. This very slender young woman carried off a flowy sleeveless dress beautifully but a more developed woman might not.
- Shoot during the 'golden hour'. This is usually an hour to hour and a half before sunset or after sunrise.
- Find a location that offers both sun and shade options
- Use a reflector to bounce light into the subjects face in shaded areas.
- Don't be afraid to shoot into the sun for a sun flare effect.
Thanks for stopping in.