2.04.2011

Tired

I don't know why, but I'm tired today.  I slept well last night.  A long night of rest really, about 9 hours.  Yet today, I can scarcely keep my eyes open.

It's been a hectic week.  Some very good friends lost their father unexpectedly this week and we've been grieving with them.  Perhaps that is why I feel tired.

I also find myself continually seeking God.  Seeking a deeper love for Him.  Seeking a richer comprehension of His character and person.  Seeking to see His power in action among His people.  Seeking to see His people fall passionately, madly, hopefully in LOVE with Him.

I was reading AW Tozer's 'The Pursuit of God', which I happen to think is one of the most profound books I've ever read, aside from the Bible itself of course.  Tozer has a way of very eloquently proclaiming the very thoughts of my own heart.  I could never say things as he does, but I rejoice to know that someone else knows.

This time, I was caught up with the following statements. "In this hour of all-but-universal darkness one cheering gleam appears: Within the fold of conservative Christianity there are to be found increasing numbers of persons whose religious lives are marked by a growing hunger after God Himslef. They are eager for spritual realities and will not be put off with words, nor will they be content with correct 'interpretations' of truth.  They are athirst for God, and they will not be satisfied till they hae drunk deep at the Fountain of Living Water."

This is my desire.  Can you relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your feedback, so thanks a bundle for taking the time to leave it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...